Disposal Fees as of May 2021
The Wood County Landfill provides many services and ways to dispose of most materials. The purpose of the landfill is to dispose of non-recyclable waste. Recycling is provided at 12 Residential Drop-off sites throughout the County and at Bowling Green Recycling Center off Poe Road.
Below is a listing of materials and disposal rates associated with those items.
Please note: A small fee will be applied when paying by credit card.
Solid Waste (Garbage)
$41.72 per ton ($16.13 minimum) plus any additional out-of-county fee
- No tires or lead acid batteries may be dumped in any landfill.
- Batteries may be placed in box at small vehicle unloading area.
- $30 charge for cleaning out stuck/frozen loads.
- Asbestos containing materials are not accepted.
$36.32 per ton ($16.13 minimum)
- Notify scale attendant of concrete/demo load before dumping
- Any loads containing garbage will be charged as solid waste.
- All loads must be approved and are subject to inspection.
- Subtitle D landfill with liner and leachate collection provides maximum protection.
- Asbestos containing materials are not accepted.
$21.50 per ton ($5.38 minimum)
- “If it doesn’t grow, it doesn’t go!” Brochure
- No plastic bags or other materials accepted.
- We will take brush up to 24″ in diameter.
- No concrete, stones, rocks, etc.
- No fence posts, lumber, old decking, etc.
- No trash.
- No manure.
- The city funded, City of Bowling Green resident drop-off of brush to the landfill, is no longer available. Residents may still take brush to the landfill, but will be charged and responsible for the appropriate fee.
$4.00 Passenger Tire / $8.00 Truck Tire / $25.00 Tractor Tire
- No commercial equipment tires accepted.
- Tires are prohibited in the Landfill; place in collection box.
- No truckloads or tire dealers.
Standard weight charge (see Solid Waste)
NON-REFRIGERATION UNITS (hot water tanks, stoves, and washers or dryers)
- Place all units next to scrap metal bin.
- Units disposed of in landfill or trash boxes will be charged an additional $10.75 per item.
REFRIGERATION UNITS (refrigerators, freezers, air conditioners, and dehumidifiers)
- Units with Freon will be charged a $30.00 evacuation fee.
Standard weight charge (see Solid Waste) + $10.75 handling fee / mattress
- Handling fee waived for steel spring mattresses placed in scrap metal bin
(cloth cover must be removed and placed in trash).
$5.38 per ton
- The Landfill will accept loads of clean, broken up concrete (Rebar acceptable), brick, and rock.
- All loads subject to inspection and approval.
- Contaminated material will be charged as solid waste.
- Asbestos containing materials are not accepted
- Payment terms are cash unless prior approval of Net 30 credit account.
- The landfill will accept clean, surplus dirt from construction projects.
- Call in advance: 419-352-0180.
- The Landfill will accept clean, used asphalt or asphalt millings from roadways, driveways, etc.
- Miscellaneous pieces of scrap metal may be placed in scrap metal bin.
- No additional charge for non-Freon appliances placed in scrap metal bin.
- Lead acid batteries must be placed in battery box – they are prohibited from being landfilled.
Sales * indicates fuel surcharge applies
Screened Wood Mulch
is available for sale during normal business hours.
$26.25 / ton ($26.25 minimum charge)
- Mulch can be loaded into any vehicle.
- Not suitable as topsoil.
- Credit account available with prior approval, otherwise terms are cash at time of pick-up.
- Availability subject to weather conditions and loading equipment usage.
- No guarantee on quality of mixture. It is the customer’s responsibility to determine if mixture is fit for intended use.
- Customer is responsible for securing load.
Guidelines & Miscellaneous Information
- NO hazardous materials permitted.
- NO tires or lead acid batteries.
- NO Freon-containing appliances mixed with trash.
- NO asbestos containing materials accepted.
Credit accounts are available – ask scale operator for an application.
The scale operator monitors CB channel 2. Please let Attendant know type of material.
- SPECIAL PRICING
Local Government entities, which direct all residential trash to Wood County Landfill, are eligible for no charge acceptance of leaves collected by the government entity. Call 419-354-9297 for information. The Landfill will accept clean wood chips from local government entities at no charge. Fuel surcharges apply to most services. Please call for current fuel surcharge information. Minimum charges apply to each vehicle. Additional fees or taxes may apply.
All Loads Subject to Inspection and Approval. Any mixed loads will be charged as solid waste.
A force main to pipe leachate from the Landfill to the City of Bowling Green Waste Water Treatment Plant was installed in 2010. The dedicated line was installed using directional boring equipment requiring minimum open trench digging. The force main has reduced trucking and treatment costs and provided a permanent solution for properly handling and treating waste water from the Landfill.
Landfill Methane Gas Collection Program
Generating electricity using methane gas from the Wood County Landfill has been a goal for several years. Due to the small size of the landfill and low value offered per kilowatt of electricity, it has not been possible to install an economically sustainable electrical generation facility at the current time.
Wood County Landfill continues to investigate and evaluate options for beneficial use of the methane gas.